Friday, April 26, 2002

I have been very busy today at work. When I got home I just sat down and stopped for an hour. I am just listening to some music and chilling before I go to bed. I am preaching twice on Sunday so I have got some things to prepare and then I think I will go to bed I hope to get some rest this weekend as I am on mornings next week so I will not get any sleep, but what is new.

I have been thinking today about forgiveness and how far I would forgive some one if I had to, the reason is still because of the book that I am reading. I think that I would like to say that I would look to Jesus and forgive anything that comes my way but I also know that I am only human and it is hard to forgive. I would have to say that I hope that I will never have to be put to the test. I know from my small experience of life that when I have been tested I like to think that I have past. I would have to think hard if it was somthing involving my wife and son. I hope and pray that I will never have to go though anything like some people in the world. I think about how easy my life is compared to some. My mind turns to the Middle East where innocent people have been hurt and killed for just what the believe. I pray for them and at the same time thank God that I live in a country where I am free and for the most safe to walk the streets with out fear. My family are safe and I have a good life but what would I feel is some one took it all away from me? I would have to think, would I forgive or would I hate? I again have to look to Simon Wiesenthal book the Sunflower and say that from my own personal point of view, I doubt that I could have done anything differently than Simon Wiesenthal did. I’d like to think and hope that I would have the presence of mind and soul to tell that dying soldier to pray for his God’s mercy and forgiveness, because I would not feel empowered to forgive him in the name of six million murdered victims. I cannot help but feel it would be beyond my limits of forgiveness to speak for them. Simon Wiesenthal lost eighty-six members of his own family, virtually every single one of his relatives, in the concentration camps. I cannot imagine carrying that kind of soul-crushing loss. I cannot imagine being anything but lost and embittered by such an unspeakable tragedy. That is how I know I still have work on my faith but I thank God that I have got Jesus to turn to and I pray that if I was asked my faith would be made strong.

My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. - Psalm 62:7(NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home