Saturday, November 03, 2001

I worked over time today and I can say that it was one of the best days work that I have had in a long time. The day went without a hitch the machines work well and I didn’t have to stop at all, it felt good. I wish that weekdays were just as good.
I got home, my in-laws had arrived, and Mandy and here farther had started working on the garden hedge and are now as I write this sitting outside watching it burn away on a bonfire. I got roped into helping cut some of the trees down and stacking them up but I have kept away form the fire because I don’t like fires. To say they I don’t like them I think is an understatement because I completely detest bonfires and fires. I hate them because as a young child I walked into my house to find that it was on fire, I remember it so clear like it was yesterday I walked into the front room expecting to find my mother at home only to see the hole room in flames. I was shut in the room for a few seconds I couldn’t breath and felt hot and trapped. It seemed to last ages but it was seconds. I did get out and called for help. The memory has been with me ever since and some bonfires seem to set it off especially if they are in small places. I can’t understand why but I am ok if it was in a feed or some where open I think it is because I can run away if I wanted to but if I can’t then I just feel sort of tense and nerves. My farther in-law thinks that I am silly but he was a fireman and was trained to work with fire but I just live with it.
James has just gone to sleep after spending most of the evening with his nanny and me because he couldn’t sleep because of the bangs from the fireworks, things seem to have got quiet now so he has gone right to sleep. I think that he will get us up early just to spite us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home