Friday, October 19, 2001

I am listening to a CD that I have had for years it is Cathedral music By Thomas Weelkes sung by Winchester Cathedral Choir. I brought it about eight years ago when I lived and worked Winchester; I have been listening to it now for some time and I find that it somehow relaxes me. It also reminds me about Winchester Cathedral which is my favourite Cathedral; I used to love to walk around it looking at the history and art on a Saturday afternoon. It was nice to sit and listen to the choir and think about nothing but life. I suppose I miss it when I think about it. I like music I wouldn’t know what to do if my CD player packed up and I had no music. I suppose that is why I like to go the Hospital Radio and play my own music, I know that sometimes I complain about the radio but I do find it fun. Like today I had a good time just doing my own thing and not thinking about much and having a laugh then D came and talked to me and gave me all the gossip and we put the world to rights, that is what I call life. Not that I will have much time to spend enjoying my life this weekend as I have got to go to work tomorrow and do over time for eight hours. Work today was ok at but K was on holiday so we had a lot more on than normal but we coped because we have a trainee that R is training he seems ok. After work today I met Mandy and James in town and had a McDonalds. James loved it: then we all went shopping after which we came home, I just felt so tired again so I went to bed for a few hours and woke up at six. I didn’t get to play with James much today I will have to make it up to him sometime. After I came home from the hospital Mandy and I watched this drama about the Second World War; it is good, but a bit too true to life. I think about all the people who have lost the lives in war. It is not very nice to think that in my innocence as a child I used to play at being at war. I think now about the War in Afghanistan and how sad it must be for those people who have to undergo war and the thought of loosing friends and family not just for the troops on our side but the innocent people in Afghanistan the women and children and dare I say the Taliban troops as well. I think that it is meaningless and it should not be happening. I pray that it will all end soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home