Sunday, September 16, 2001

I got up this morning to go to church and when we got there we found a note out side saying that we would start the service with silent prayer for the people in the USA. It is good I suppose for us as a church to spend some time reflecting on the last weeks events but I was glad to see that my minister has sort of the same feeling about the whole thing as me. I do feel for the people in the USA but I can’t seem to get my head round the fact that there are still lots of staving people in Africa, I can’t seem to feel that some more people will die when the USA retaliate and get back at the group who have planed the whole thing. I am more than shore that there will be some innocent deaths to come. I know that some people say an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth but what about what Jesus says turn the other cheek. We mustn’t let the terrorists get away with what they have done but I hope and pray the Americans don’t end up killing some innocent people at the same time. I had a good service in the evening I preached and I didn’t talk about the USA all we did was pray about the people in the USA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home