Saturday, June 02, 2001

Things have been playing up with my printer. I just finished preparing for my service for this week and hit the print button and my printer it started to work as normal but no ink came out funny I thought I have just put a new ink in there so it can’t be that. On later investigation I found that it was just a case of cleaning the print head so I had to hit the clean button about ten times before it would work again. Lucky I suppose I could have been trying to print things off just as I walk out the door to the service like I normally do. The joys and tribulation of owning a computer if it is not one thing it is another first you work hard on a peace of work and all of a sudden you find that there is the blue screen of death in front of you or you find that it just stops and locks up on you and you have to try the old two finger shuffle (ctrl-alt-delete) then you find that it wont work and you have to turn it off at the mains. The next thing that happens is that you find that you can’t get the darn thing to start because it seems to have lost a driver or something and you spend the next few hours in safe mode trying to find out what it is. Then there is the worst case you find that you can’t find the problem at all and you have to reinstall Windows so you send the next 3 hours putting all those programs that you love back on to you computer and then you have to get it just the way you had it before you had the problem in the first place. Finally you have your computer back and you have to start writing the peace of work that you had lost in the first place. Computers don’t you just love them and hate them, sometime you think that you could just smash them with a cricket bat and another time you can’t get off them because you are having so much fun. I know one thing I wouldn’t be without my computer it went down for about a week and I was lost, it was like I was coming of drugs I just didn’t know what to do. I felt like some one had cut of my hands. Any way I had better stop thinking like this or my computer may start getting the wrong idea and start playing up with me as well. Shush don’t tell it any thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home