Saturday, October 07, 2006

Prayer Beads

I have just go a new set of prayer beads this week and it is good to have a set back in my hand after a time without a set. I still don’t know what happened to my set which was given to me some years ago. I like the way you can get lost in the prayer and contemplate on things of god.
This is what I am praying at the moment

Trisagion and Jesus Prayer


The Cross

In the Name of God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

The Invitatory

O God make speed to save me (us),
O Lord make haste to help me (us),
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.

The Cruciforms

Holy God,
Holy and Mighty,
Holy Immortal One,
Have mercy upon me (us).

The Weeks

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God,
Have mercy on me, a sinner.
Or, in a group setting:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have mercy upon us.
*Trisagion means "thrice Holy"

And also this as a evening prayer


An Evening Prayer
The Cross
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

The Invitatory
Open my lips, O Lord,
and my mouth shall proclaim
Your praise.

The Cruciforms
Guide us waking, O Lord,
and guard us sleeping;
that awake we may watch
with Christ, and asleep
we may rest in peace.

The Weeks
Jesus, lamb of God, have mercy on us.
Jesus, bearer of our sins, have mercy on us.
Jesus, redeemer of the world, give us your peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home