Sunday, October 28, 2001

Church was very, very good a lot better than the service last week. It was our minister Tony who was preaching today and he preached very well. The sermon started out as what I would call a normal sermon for Tony but it seemed to take on a new feel when he made the offer for people to come to the front and make a recommital to Jesus. I think that God must of planed this because people did, there was a feeling in the Church that I can only say was from God, the rest of the service was just grate. I think that the Church needed this to happen things have been moving in our church for some time and this is only part of it. There was a lot of talk after the service and it was all good. Our friend M came for lunch after the service and we had a good afternoon just talking and drinking tea. James was full of fun and showing off. He is still a love though and makes me laugh. It was good to just relax and talk, I feel very rested but I am still not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. The phone hasn't stopped today but it was all good G phone and we had a good talk even thought he was here yesterday. J has phoned and is still talking to Mandy. I have phoned my mother and she is fine. My mother in law also phoned to say that she was on the way home from Scotland and was having a nice journey home, later she phoned to say that he was safely home and happy to be back.
I was thinking about the earthquake that happened today. I was thinking how vulnerable we humans are on this planet; in the scheme of things we are a small part of the whole. What mean by this is that we are all rushing around on the planet and thinking that we own the place but the truth is that we are just stewards of it. God has given to us the world we should be taking good care of it. I feel maybe this earthquake is just a small note to let us know who is the boss. God it the one who can move mountains and make the earth move and we should just take note. We are not in control and should worship him. It was also interesting that after the quake we all felt as thought some thing had taken our wind from us, if that is the right words to use, we felt sort of funny I can't quite get my head around it but it was a little frightening. May be it was just us but I don't know. I know that God must have something going on to make that happen.

The universe is wider than our views of it. — Henry David Thoreau


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home