Monday, May 08, 2006

Church seeks spirituality of youth . . . and doesn't like what it finds - Britain - Times Online

I brought a the times today at work as the have just got the canteen to order news papers which I think is a fantastic idea. I came to this aritical Church seeks spirituality of youth . . . and doesn't like what it finds - Britain - Times Online. As a youth leader in the church I can undestand the paninc that the church may be feeling. I am blessed that the youth that I work with are for the most "chruched" as in that for the most they have been in the chruch all their lives and have a undersatanding of Chruch. however my group is growing to some extent with the freinds that they bring in from school. This is intresting becaues I am having the same talks with the "non Churched youth" as is reported in the article proticaly this girl :-

Sinead Berrigan, 19: “I don’t believe in God and I think, to a certain extent, religions are a waste of time. I don’t like being told how to live by a set of religious rules. I just want to be happy”

We live in a post moden age with a diferent set of rules the church needs to get up to speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home