Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Joy Of Discipleship

I have just listend to this weeks talk from HTB the Joy Of Discipleship: "Graham Tomlin."

I must say that this is the best one that I have listened to so far. Graham Tomlin has hit Discipleship on the nail. He talks on Luke 6:17-23 but he also uses Job 1:20-21 as a reading/ quote as well

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I shall depart.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
may the name of the Lord be praised."

The funny thing it that this was also todays daily reading that I read in my Bible notes.

He also Quotes CS Lewis. "For it is an awful truth that the state of ‘having to depend solely on God’ is what we all dread most... and we will not turn to him as long as he leaves us anything else to turn to."

The summing up was good to

Learning to be Poor:

· Learn to lend and to give

· Learn to sit light to your own dignity

· Learn to welcome failure

· Learn to welcome the struggling

· Consider the downward path

The path of joy – nothing to lose!

God has talked to me today I am sure of that, talk about getting hit between both eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home